PanPrecipitation is a module of Pandat Software, which is seamlessly integrated with PanEngine for the necessary thermodynamic input and mobility data. It is designed for the simulation of precipitation/co-precipitation behavior during arbitrary heat treatment process. The module can be used to simulate concurrent nucleation, growth/dissolution, and coarsening kinetics; temporal evolution of volume fraction, average particle size and number density; temporal evolution of particle size distribution as well as yield strength and hardness during the precipitation process.
- concurrent nucleation, growth and coarsening
- particle size and size distribution
- multi-phase co-precipitation
Critical resolved shear stress for nickel alloy Nimonic 105.
- Particle size evolution: average particle size evolution under various heat treatment conditions
- Particle size distribution: particle size distribution at selected time stages
- Heterogeneous nucleation: heterogeneous nucleation at grain boundary/edge/corner or at dislocations
- Evolution of aspect ratio: evolution of aspect ratio due to direction dependent interfacial energy and anisotropic misfit strain energy
- Input of initial microstructure: allows user to input the Initial microstructure, such as the precipitate size, fraction and distribution
- Strength model: precipitation hardening and strengthening behavior
- TTT diagram: time-temperature-transformation plots of precipitates